What does SEO cost?
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is an ongoing process and therefore the investment is typically ongoing. Most Danish SEO agencies charge a fixed price per month. Prices range from anything between DKK 1,000 per month up to full-time salaries or more. In addition, there may be internal costs.
Some agencies act solely as external strategic advisors, while others also work at an operational level. We work with search engine optimisation on both a strategic and an operational level, depending on the client's needs, at prices typically between DKK 6,000 and DKK 25,000 per month. A number of factors influence the price:
- Branch. The higher the level of competition, the more resources it takes to achieve a good position on Google. At the same time, there are certain sectors which - regardless of the level of competition - place greater demands on the work done with content and links.
- Website. The larger and more complex the website, the more time-consuming it is to analyse and optimise. Typically, based on initial analysis, we will select the most profitable parts of the website to work on further.
- Current level. The lower your current visibility and knowledge level, the more resources the work requires. In other words, it is easier to build on a strong foundation than to start from scratch.
- Objectives. The more pages (product pages, category pages and the like) you want to make visible, and the faster you want to do it, the more expensive it is. There is a significant correlation between your objectives and the cost of the work.
- Commitment. The more you engage in the work, the lower the external costs. You may have an in-house SEO specialist who can do parts of the work yourself, in which case the agency's role is typically more consultancy-based.
If you choose to do all the work yourself, be aware that in addition to internal costs, there are at least external costs for purchasing a range of digital SEO tools. Such tools typically cost between DKK 1,000 and DKK 10,000 per month.
Prior to working on SEO, we recommend that everyone prepare a SEO Business Case. With the case you get a calculation of your economic growth potential and profitability by a targeted SEO strategy, a mapping of your market position on Google compared to your closest competitors and a review of the action areas you need to prioritize to win market shares.
Get a free Business Case
An SEO Business Case is for you who:
- want to know if SEO is a profitable investment for the company
- will work seriously on SEO over a period of at least 12 months
- sells products or services to businesses (B2B) or consumers (B2C)
- wants knowledge and insight to plan and prioritise SEO efforts.
Read more about the case and order it here. If the case proves that SEO is a profitable investment, we will of course help you design and execute a targeted SEO strategy.
Frequently asked questions
What does SEO cost?
The cost of SEO depends on many different factors, so it's impossible to give an exact answer without knowing the specific case. Contact us for a price estimate.
Is SEO a good investment?
It can be, but it's not always. Prior to working on SEO, we typically prepare a potential analysis that makes visible your financial potential - or lack thereof - by investing in SEO.
Is SEO an ongoing investment?
Yes, SEO is an ongoing process and therefore also an ongoing investment. Most partnerships with SEO agencies are for a fixed monthly fee.
Can SEO be too cheap?
If your budget isn't big enough to get results, you might as well not invest in SEO.
What are your SEO rates?
Our prices are typically between DKK 6,000 and DKK 25,000 per month.