What is GA4 (Google Analytics 4)?
Google Analytics 4 is the latest version of Google Analytics. GA4 uses machine learning (AI) to provide better and more accurate data quality. However, GA4 is very different in reporting and user interface compared to the old version and therefore requires some getting used to.
Why migrate to GA4?
Data collected via Google Universal is not transferable to GA4, as your data will be lost in 2023.
If you don't have a full GA4 setup yet, you risk losing business-critical and historical data - and you won't be able to compare data from the year before, from the day Google Analytics Universal is phased out. So the key is to get an alternative set up as soon as possible to avoid losing too much data.
Advantages of GA4?
- GA4 focuses much more on cookies and privacy. That's why GA4 helps you comply with GDPR regulations when you need to collect personal data.
- Machine learning is the backbone of GA4. This means that GA4 easily adapts to a future with or without cookies.
- Due to GA4's new machine learning, data quality has improved a lot.
Avoid being without data in 2023. Ha' god time to learn the new Google Analytics 4
Get help with GA4 migration for less than a penny
We review your current setup and prepare a migration plan with an estimate for full migration or GA4 setup. We will look at:
- Which reports and custom dimensions to transfer
- Which reports to set up
- Other relevant parameters (varies from customer to customer)
- Whether the GA4 is configured correctly and receiving data (if you have already set up the GA4)
- Whether events and conversion points are set up correctly
- Extent of customisation in GTM if you use it (if you use GTM)
- Whether your cookie setup complies with the rules
Other tracking related needs
Do you have other needs or questions in relation to tracking such as server page tagging, setting up dashboards, etc. then you are welcome to contact us here